Free electric vehicle charging points for UK homes

 In all news, World Automotive Conference in Turkey
[wwps_quote]Free electric vehicle charging points for UK homes[/wwps_quote]

Electric car owners can have a free charging unit installed at their home thanks to new Government funding.

The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme will run from September 2014 to March 2015, or until the £9m fund is depleted, and it’s available to all eligible residents in England, Scotland and Wales.

To be eligible, you must either own, be the main user of, or have an Office for Low Emission Vehicles–eligible electric vehicle (EV), on order.

EV charging point manufacturer, Chargemaster, is fitting the 3kw units at eligible homes around the UK for free. A 7kw unit – which can charge a car in three hours – is available for an additional charge of £95.

Chargemaster says: “Charging your electric car at home couldn’t be easier and more straightforward, as long as you have the appropriate equipment.

“While you are relaxing with your family at home or asleep in your bed, your car can be charged safely and quickly, often using low cost electricity.”

The Government grant is a 75% contribution towards the cost of one charge point and its installation up to a maximum of £900, but some companies, such as Chargemaster, are covering the remaining 25%.

For a full list of eligibility terms and conditions, click HERE.

In summary, you need:
To own an EV, be the designated main user of one, or have one on order
Off-street parking, either on a driveway or garage
Permission from the property owner
To allow Chargemaster to collect data remotely, by GPRS, to supply to the Government for research purposes

For more information on the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme click HERE

Recent Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search